Favorite Sites

Happily Married

Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker

Saturday, December 13, 2008

Oven Chicken?

Someone asked me today what "oven chicken" was, so thought I'd let everyone know.

It is oven fried chicken. I have a large heavy baking pan, I pour oil in the pan and turn the oven on 400. I let that get hot while I flour the chicken with seasoned flour. Once the oil in hot I place the chicken skin side down in the hot oil, and let it cook. Don't ask for times, cause I don't time stuff. I turn the chicken one time, other wise the crust will stick, and that's the best part.

2 comments:

ED said...

How much oil, roughly, do you use? I don't do much frying, so I really have no idea. Most of our cooking uses just a couple of tablespoons of oil, but I've started trying some new stuff lately.

Marni said...

I'd have to say maybe 1/2 cup. But my pan is larger then a regular cake pan, so 1/2 cup doesn't seem like much. It certainly isn't a "deep fried".