Favorite Sites

Happily Married

Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker

Tuesday, January 20, 2009

2009 To Do List



This is my 2009 Household To Do List, room by room.

My mom started working on this while she was here last week. She did a lot in the laundry room, and she washed all my kitchen cupboard doors, went through most of the drawers and cupboards, sorted, tossed and washed all kitchen linens, and did one bathroom cabinet. I did finished the bathroom cabinet Saturday.

I prefer have a list like this that I can work on throughout the year. This way if something BIG happens ( like your husband getting in a motorcycle accident) I step away from the deep cleaning for a while, or clean a drawer or two when I have time. I don't like being told "This week you must do ( whole list of things) in the Living Room"
What if we have doctor appointments, or other outside activities that make deep cleaning the whole living room impossible? But I might have time to wash the windows one day and dust the baseboards later in the week.

I'm going to be trying a couple different cleaning scheduling methods, until I find one that works for us. I don't like the whole notebook for keeping track of cleaning. I'm going to be doing something with index cards. I have had the book Sidetracked Home Executives by Pam Young and Peggy Jones for YEARS, and even had a file card system set up but that's about as far as I ever got with the program. I have no idea where my cards and file box are now so I'm starting fresh. I'll keep you up to date.

No comments: