Favorite Sites

Happily Married

Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker

Thursday, April 2, 2009

Fell off the FIAR wagon

I don't know exactly when it happened but I fell off the FIAR wagon. I still love the the curriculum, but after a couple weeks of not being able to find the books at either local library, I just stopped trying. I didn't abandon 1st grade though. Bella read daily, did Explode the Code, copywork and math.



I had Classics At Home on the shelf so brought that down and started using it. It is very "Charlotte Mason" We read a story, do vocab aloud, do some narration, answer questions, do further research about animals, do copywork. At times other subjects like "social studies", and nature walks/journals are brought in. So I'm going to be going back and forth between FIAR and CAH.

No comments: