Favorite Sites

Happily Married

Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker

Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Christmas School

Christmas School begins today!

We stop our regular curriculum during December and do a special Christmas study.

Check out these 3 Different Christmas unit studies. This year we are doing "Good Christian Men Rejoice" and reading The Gift of the Magi, by O. Henry. I've not found any cool thingy to go with it, but will just be doing some worksheets I found online.

I've done Jesse Trees several times, the graphic with The Glorious Coming are so neat. This Jesse Tree devotional is free with "ornaments" for children to color. There are a lot of other free devotions and ornaments online.


Last year we did an Inductive Advent study.
The "sisters" read a Christmas Carol and did A Reading Record with it.
I *loved* the set up of the Reading Record. Isabella did this Christmas Lapbook last year, by Lilliput Station.

I'm a sucker for Christmas unit studies. I've got other Christmas studies this past weekend. One was A Christmas Adventure. I also bought Symbols of Christmas Lapbook, a couple years ago.
I have the Advent Calendar Lapbook but haven't used it yet. I've never met a Lilliput Station product that I've not liked.

Christmas just doesn't come around enough for me to use everything. I probably need to stop collecting Christmas studies now.

For more Christmas ideas to share with your family visit the On Line Christmas Party!

6 comments:

The Shera's said...

Thanks for the tips and links! Since I'm still so new at homeschooling, I sometimes feel like I'm floundering around and it's nice to have recommendations!
Dee

Marni said...

ooo girl, I've got free stuff and links coming out of my ears! I've been collecting stuff for 10 years now and love to share and give recommendations ( or should I say "opinions") LOL

The Shera's said...

Bring it on! lol ~ I'll keep reading!

The Shera's said...

Bring it on! lol ~ I'll keep reading!

Dawn said...

What great ideas.
Blessings,
Dawn

Pamela said...

Thank you for sharing the fun studies! ~ Pamela