Favorite Sites

Happily Married

Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker

Monday, May 17, 2010

A History of Christianity DVD Review


I was able to watch Episode 1 of History of Christianity: The First Three Thousand Years
and wish I had the whole series. Diarmaid MacCulloch is very honest at the beginning that this is not a series about Christian theology, it is about the movement of the church through history and countries and how this shaped both along with the church itself. The series does lump all Christ worshipping religions together- Catholic, Orthodox, and Protestant.

I loved the tours of the countries and the buildings both great and small where believers gathered for thousands of years. This first episode works wonderfully with the homeschool curriculum Mystery of History Vol 2. I'm sure it could be used with others but MOH is what I have used.

I found this dvd very interesting, informative and inspiring. I was moved by the total dedication of the early church, they changed the world- can we do any less?

Thank you TBB Media for this review copy.

No comments: