Favorite Sites

Happily Married

Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker

Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Dealing with leftovers

I like to find creative ways to deal with leftovers rather than just reheating them.

I bought 4 whole chickens on sale. I cooked and deboned 2 of them, divided all the meat into 4 ziplock bags for later use. I also divided and froze the chicken broth. I roasted one chicken and froze the other for roasting later.

So dealing with leftovers....
I had 2 different containers of leftover mac and cheese. I made a chicken sauce, with 2 cups broth, thickened with 4 TB flour. I added the leftover mac and cheese and a package of the deboned chicken, & frozen peas. Topped with buttered cornflakes. Baked at 350 for 20 minutes.

Other add ins could be chopped pimentos, mushrooms, mixed vegs, extra cheese.

No comments: