Favorite Sites

Happily Married

Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker

Monday, October 24, 2011

Falling Behind!

Happy Fall Ya'll
WOW! It's been a long time since I've been active here. We have started school, Emilie and Olivia are both doing Far Above Rubies. Bella is doing Learning Adventures. I'll post more about school later as the "sisters" ( Emilie and Olivia) need to use the computer for school research.

Menu for the week:
*Cowboy Soup
Hot Chicken Salad Sandwiches
Pasta
Hamburgers
Pizza

* I got this recipe from my mother in law. My husband and Bella made this last year when I was sick and I have since lost the recipe card so what follows is totally by memory.

1# ground meat browned
chopped onion to taste ( I use 1/4- 1/2 cup of onion)
1 can ranch beans ( I use whatever beans I have in the house tonight will be black beans)
1 can corn *UNDRAINED*
1 package of taco seasoning
1 can tomato soup
1 can "rotel" tomatoes and chilies

I honestly can't remember if it is 2 cans of corn and 2 cans of soup. Use your own judgement.
Anyhow, nice on a Fall/Winter day, served with warm corn bread.

*********update*********
well I used spicy tomato sauce instead of tomato soup and didn't add the rotel as I didn't have any. I did add some leftover beefstew, and a can of water. Bella made cornbread. It was really good.

No comments: