Favorite Sites

Happily Married

Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker

Monday, February 20, 2012

using iCal

I realize this screen shots of my ical screen aren't very good, but I hope it will give you an idea about what I'm writing about.

Sheri Graham has really inspired me to actually do some of the things I've been meaning to do but never got around to doing!

I've wanted for years to utilize the iCal program on the computer for daily routines, menu plans, cleaning chores, coordinating family schedules and the like. Well that's what I started this morning!


The purple is the daily menu plan. I've always planned menus, but this past year I've changed my planning process. I plan meals around what's on sale & what's in my pantry. To do this long range planning I need a more open concept instead of fixed meals for each day of the month. In order for me to take advantage of my pantry/stockpile and sales, my plan is like this Sunday-Feast-Roast/Ham; Monday-Leftovers; Tuesday-Mexican; Wednesday-Pasta; Thursday- Casserole/Crock-pot;

Friday-Pizza; Saturday-Cook's Choice. Monday and Saturday can easily be flipped around.


The red line is the monthly cleaning focus for each week- wk 1-Kitchen, wk 2-Living Room, wk 3-Bedrooms, wk 4- Baths/Halls


The blue lines are the daily chores.











The green is the daily routine (if I could just get the family on board!)




Not totally convinced that I should do school assignments on the ical. It is so quick and easy to use my index card method, and easier to change around when needed.

No comments: